Commercial AM and FM Radio
By Corey Deitz
- HD Radio - Making AM and FM Better
- Famous AM and FM DJs, Personalities, and Talk Show Hosts
- Issues Concerning Radio
HD Radio - Making AM and FM Better
HD Radio is a technology which AM and FM radio stations can integrate into their operations which makes AM signals sound closer to FM and FM signals sound closer to CD quality. There's also a "multicasting" ability which HD Radio brings to traditional radio to expand station offerings.
- HD Radio: What it is and What it is Not
- HD Radio: More Aware, Some Confused
- Is HD Radio Caught in a Perfect Storm of Inventive Technology?
- Radiosophy HD100 is an Inexpensive Entry to HD Radio Listening
Famous AM and FM DJs, Personalities, and Talk Show Hosts
AM and FM Radio has produced hundreds of notable and famous names in Radio broadcasting. Learn more about these extraordinary people, read their latest news, find out more about syndicated programs and books, movies, and CDs available about their careers.
- Alphabetical Listing Of Radio Personalities Profiles
- Legendary DJs
- Famous Morning Radio Personalities
- Popular Talk Show Hosts
- News Stories on Radio DJs, Personalities, and Talk Show Hosts
- Popular Syndicated Radio Shows
- Radio Broadcasting Halls of Fame
- Books, Movies, and CDs by Radio Personalities
Issues Concerning Radio
Radio is continually evolving and the intersection of growth, technology, and business contribute to creating issues which continue to be debated by both the professionals working in it as well as listeners and critics. Explore some of Radio's major issues.
- Reviving The Fairness Doctrine: Pros and Cons
- The Fairness Doctrine: Free Speech and the Radio Marketplace
- Reinstituting the Fairness Doctrine Would be an Attack on the Free Market
- Indecency on Radio
- Offensive Speech vs. Free Speech (The Don Imus Issue)
- Deregulation - Consolidation - Voice Tracking - Automation
History of AM and FM Radio
AM and FM commercial radio has a rich history of service and entertainment and although the technology itself extends back to early last century, it still continues to provide a great service to millions of listeners. Find out more about Radio's founding fathers, its Golden Age, and what the future holds.
- Founding Fathers of Radio - Marconi - DeForest - Armstrong - Tesla - Fessenden
- Radio History By Country - U.S. - England - Canada - Australia - New Zealand
- Historical Radio Shows And Old Time Radio Links And Audio
- Vintage Air Checks: '50s through '90s
- The Future: HD Radio - Digital Multicasting
Careers in Commercial Radio
Ever thought of being on-the-air? Being a DJ? A talk show host? Even though there are less jobs than there used to be, there are still opportunities in commercial Radio for on-air hosts, salesmen, production specialists, programmers, and managers. Here's more information on breaking into the Radio business.
- The Radio Job Market: Is a Career Worth Pursuing?
- Want To Work On The Radio? - What You Need To Know About Getting A Job In Radio
- Radio: Getting Your Foot in the Door - Paid or Non-Paid - Experience Counts
- You Don't Have To Be On The Air To Be In Radio
- How Do I Break Into Radio Sales?
- Radio Schools - US. - England - Australia - Canada - New Zealand
- Radio Job Listings
AM and FM Directories and Databases
There are thousands of AM and FM radio stations. The easiest way to find out more about them is by taking advantage of one of the several resources available in the form of directories or databases. Find facts concerning technical and geographical data as well as information on ownership, programming, and contacts.