The Bottom Line
- Easy to use
- Provides access to Internet Radio, local FM, user's music files
- No PC required
- External plugs for speakers and headphones
- Small footprint, pleasing design
- May be difficult to setup for very old wireless routers
- The Aluratek Radio captures the Internet Radio experience in a small and flexible package.
- Uses any Wireless or Wired Internet connection via router
- Easy to see LCD screen, internal Internet station directory, remote control, built-in speaker or outputs for external
- Good introductory radio to bring the Internet Radio experience into your daily lifestyle
- MSRP: $159.00
Guide Review - Aluratek Internet Radio Alarm Clock with Built-in WiFi
For the past week, I've been using it on my desktop and have been very pleased. The included remote control allows me to easily pick and choose the Internet streams I want and in just a few days I've built up a favorites list of Terrestrial-on-Internet stations from Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York plus Internet-only stations like Sky.fm.
What's really impressive is how flawless Internet Radio is today, thanks to broadband. I have a pretty fast cable broadband connection and after listening to many hours of programming there have been few if any interruptions, no buffering, no gaps of silence, none of that stuff. Turning on the Aluratek is like turning on any other radio. Once it makes the connection, the stream is constant and consistent.
The Aluratek has a lot of features:
- Ease to see LCD screen
- Internal station directory
- Built-in speaker or outputs for external speakers/headphones
- Remote control
- Alarm clock
- MP3 player
- FM antenna port for external antenna
If you've been looking for the moment to really make Internet Radio a part of your daily lifestyle, this might be the introductory radio to do that for you.
The suggested price is $159.00 from the manufacturer but I've seen it discounted over $50 from that price online. Use the "Compare Prices" link in this article to use the free PriceGrabber service for competitive price comparisons.