1. You have a band and you want to reach people with your music. Even if you just begin by streaming your first CD, that's a start. Plus: lace in announcements of upcoming shows and CD releases.
2. You are a school and you want to provide students and parents with information about current activities.
3. You are in the Radio club at your school and everyone wants an opportunity to practice being a DJ on a real broadcast service.
4. You are a school district or a state and you want to provide a stream with special information about school snow closings, emergency procedures, or other information. Remember: a podcast can serve a very specific purpose and doesn't have to be long.
5. You are a college student and want to make extra money by programming to the students at your college or University with the music they want along with announcements about upcoming activities, commercials from the local bookstores, bars and restaurants.
6. You collect a particular type of audio, music, or other type of recording and want to share them with the world.
7. You want to spread the word about a political candidate or political agenda using recordings of candidate speeches or your own recorded analysis and commentary.
8. You have a business and want to promote it. For instance: if you sell motorcycle parts, you might consider a stream with updated motorcycle news.