How to Make Sure You Get The Prize You Won
From your Guide
Sometimes winning a prize from a Radio station doesn't go as smoothly as it should. Things can get mixed up. Here's how to fix that.
- After you have won a prize, make a written note of what you won, what time and with who.
- Ask the DJ or producer, when the prize will be available, when and where can you pick it up.
- Make sure you know the station's business hours OR the hours you can pick up your prize.
- If you have won money, chances are the station will want your social security number so don't forget it.
- Bring a picture I.D. with you.
- If the station can't find the "winner sheet" from the contest you won, present the information you wrote down when you first won.
- If your prize is unavailable or they cannot verify or find the giveaway, leave your name and number and ask that they call you when they do.
- If, after 3 or 4 business days, you have not heard back, call the Promotion Director.
- If you do not hear from the Promotion Director, call the Program Director.
- If you do not hear from the Program Director, call the General Manager.
- If you do not hear from the General Manager, call him back and leave a voicemail.
- Tell him or her, you are going to call the local newspaper or a TV news department.
- Someone WILL call you back now and resolve it.
- Be pleasant, always.
- Radio stations DO get busy and give a lot of things away. Be patient if there is a mix up.
- Go through the chain of command. Don't jump to drastic measures.
- If there is a time limit on picking up your prize, make sure you know what it is. Ask!
What You Need:
More How To's from your Guide to
Put this How To on your PDA!