1. Technology
Corey Deitz

Mark and Brian do Last Show on KLOS-FM, Los Angeles

By August 17, 2012

Today was the last Mark and Brian show on KLOS-FM, Los Angeles. The duo met at WAPI-FM/Brimingham in 1985 and moved to L.A. two years later. They had been together up until today. On June 13 of this year Mark Thompson announced he would retire and live with his wife in Charlotte, North Carolina. Today, Brian Phelps also revealed he would be leaving KLOS-FM. His plans include a podcast. (Screenshot: www.markandbrian.com)

I'd like to recommend a short article by Gary Lycan at ocregister.com which explains why and how the show came to an end. It's worth your time. In a business where many careers and radio shows do not end as gracefully, their story is a breath of fresh air. You might also read some of the comments posted by other readers and former listneers of Mark and Brian that appear after the piece.

Comments
August 18, 2012 at 1:46 am
(1) ron says:

thank god theses ass$^&&*& are gone. I never liked asswipes ruining
a good raidio station. i like music in the morning not a bunch ass$*#@
no better than that howerd dick head from new york.

August 18, 2012 at 7:27 am
(2) JB says:

These guys will truely be missed. KLOS will never be the same and I bet there ratings will drop a lot.

August 18, 2012 at 2:25 pm
(3) Pam Huskey says:

I have learned and laughed so much with Mark and Brian. I sobbed listening to their last broadcast, right along with Frankie and the others. Nothing has been announced regarding what will happen on KLOS’s morning show now, but I hope they do M&B reruns for a long time. I already miss everyone who contributed to the morning show and feel a bond with all of them. BOOHOO but good luck to all of the cast.

Love,

A Devoted Listener for 25 great years XOXOXOXO!!!

August 18, 2012 at 3:16 pm
(4) Artie says:

I read some of the comments here and it’s so sad to see people talking trash. For the most part, up until recently they were good and really funny, especially Brian. All things come to an end, and so did this great show. Out of the 25 , I listened to them on and off for the last 21. Recently they’d fill up the air time with top 10 lists , which could have been the writing on the wall, but still. The amount of good that these two guys brought to LA is immesurable. If yous out there can’t say something nice, at least don’t be nasty and classless.

Thank you Mark and Brian for all the beautiful and positive energy that your laughter brought to millions EVERY weekday morning. You’ll be GREATLY missed.

Rock on Boys, love you both!

A

August 18, 2012 at 3:44 pm
(5) Gary says:

There will always be a**wipe trolls like “ron” (illiterate as well) who nobody ever listens to so the only way they think they can get a their point across is by getting in the way of everyone else and being vulgar…

August 18, 2012 at 4:05 pm
(6) Diane from Corona says:

I’ve been a listener for 25
years. Started at work and can say the boys got us through a lot of bad days with fun, laughter and love for their listeners. I really feel a connection to them both and love them for what they have done for all of us. I wish them the best of everything they deserve and hope to follow them on their Podcasts.
Lot’s of Love boys you will never be forgotten.
Your loyal fan # 13

August 18, 2012 at 8:04 pm
(7) CW says:

Ron, take a pill. Why are you hating so much? No one is forcing you to listen or comment.

August 20, 2012 at 10:28 pm
(8) Gilbert Navarro says:

I have no one to listen too? Who’s next? Real radio is gone thxs MandB

August 24, 2012 at 3:06 pm
(9) Martie says:

I am heart-broken to see M&B leave KLOS after 25 wonderful, hilarious years. They were the BEST morning show EVER! I was a fan almost from the begining. In fact, I like to consider myself listener #9. I woke up to their voices for so long mornings will never be the same. I have been to many of their events (had my picture taken with Mark, tried to get 1 with Bri but he wouldn’t) and a Xmas show or 2. They will be deeply missed in my heart. But all good things must come to an end and I wish them both the very best! HAIL TO MARK AND BRIAN!

August 28, 2012 at 5:07 pm
(10) Vince says:

Love them or hate them, they were great guys. Listening to their skits and their bringing us in to their personal lives in the mornings, it was like family.

Yes, they will be missed. Can they be replaced? Sure but they will never be duplicated. As for the new show, Heidi and Frank, do not know anything about them. I will not bad mouth them but the one thing I can sure say, they have some big shoes to fill.

August 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm
(11) Dutch Soldier says:

I was never much of a Mark & Brian fan. They seemed to enjoy listening to themselves more than anybody could enjoy listening to them. I don’t know how they managed to keep anybody’s interest for 25 years. Rather than an entertainment team, they were a couple of boring conceited digit jockeys with an attitude, pretending to be “all that mattered.” I had been wondering for years how long cumulus would keep them, and the answer was, way too long. Good riddance to the boreboys. Maybe KLOS can now wake up and come to life, and actually sound excited about life.

September 6, 2012 at 10:10 pm
(12) billy joe bob says:

its a shame their gone the two people that replace them are horrible.

September 22, 2012 at 5:04 pm
(13) mommy says:

These two BORING, PHONY LAUGHING, HORRIBLE, NOT FUNNY EVER,A-HOLES ARE GONE. FINALLY. EVERYTHING THEY DID WAS
COPIED FROM OTHER PEOPLE. OVER PAID FOR SO MANY YEARS.
THEY SHOULD BE FORCED TO LISTEN TO EVERYDAY OF BROADCAST THEY WASTED. THEY’D SAY “WOW WE WERE NEVER
FUNNY”.