1. Computing
Corey Deitz

What Happened to Don Wade & Roma at WLS-AM, Chicago?

By September 23, 2004

According to the WLS-AM website: "Recently, WLS made an offer for a new contract, which Don & Roma rejected. ABC has a firm policy that talent can't go on the air without a contract. So, with the expiration of their contract extension on Tuesday, 9/14/04, Don & Roma cannot be on the air until a new contract is signed. We are hoping to renegotiate a new contract with Don & Roma. In the meantime, Teri O'Brien and Art Wallis will be holding down the fort."
More: Profile of Don Wade & Roma
Former WLS-AM Contract Problem: Chicago's WLS-AM Pulls Garry Meier Off-The-Air
Comments
June 17, 2009 at 8:52 am
(1) Dorothy Duschinsky says:

Please get Don & Roma back soon. The quests are alright but not Don & Roma.

June 30, 2009 at 4:35 pm
(2) Bea Jacobs says:

Love Don and Roma please don’t let them go.

September 30, 2012 at 2:47 am
(3) Don Swartz says:

I thought something happened to Don. This is a contract issue? Thank God. I really hope they are back soon as I spend my morning with them. I’m in NJ but I listen every morning. Come back soon.x

October 3, 2012 at 12:24 pm
(4) John says:

Don and Roma suck, in fact WLS is a right wing nut. at one time wls used to be a good radio station before the O’Jay trial. Now you are owned by the right wing crazies.

yes, Don a nd Roma suck but these nuckel heads are brainless

October 4, 2012 at 11:39 am
(5) no name says:

There are many of us who listen to wls because of Don and Roma. I have been forced to go elsewhere and have discovered am 560 with Amy and John. Not my preferential choice, but it will do until Don and Roma are back. If you let Don and Roma go WLS will slip into abscurity as most am radio stations have.

October 9, 2012 at 7:53 am
(6) Elas1018 says:

To ABC: Give Don & Roma what they want…..please! The babbling subs are driving me away. I turn on the radio, find out the subs are on, and change the station. It is bad enough to have to put up with President Obama everyday, but it is cruel & unusal punishment to have to do so without Don & Roma making it bearable. ABC please come to your senses. Thank you.

October 9, 2012 at 7:59 am
(7) Elsa says:

Wake up ABC…..I want Don & Roma with my morning jo. Tune in everyday, find out it’s the subs, and I change the dial. Please give them what they want and let’s get the show back on the air!

October 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm
(8) Sharri says:

Is he in the hospital with what?

November 20, 2012 at 9:01 am
(9) WDR says:

When can we expect Don & Roma to return to WLS? I can’t stand those 2 boobs that are subing for them. They argue when they are on the air and Dan Proft’s voice is just plain irritating. Besides that, he’s a “know it all” which just adds to his irritating voice. WLS…Get someone else until Don & Roma return.

November 26, 2012 at 7:36 am
(10) mark says:

Get Don and Roma back on line quick the station is going the way of the country,So far left that 3sets of radar can’t pick them up.Build the Wades a bed room so they can be there all the time.

December 3, 2012 at 9:20 am
(11) pbrewer says:

Any chance we could see Don and Roma Picketing for a fair contract soon? LOL

December 31, 2012 at 9:20 am
(12) diane says:

John’s comment shows he is a confirmed IDIOT. Don & Roma show was the greatest of all. I am so deeply saddened. I hope eventually Don can return to WLS. He is THE BEST.

March 2, 2013 at 5:17 pm
(13) jhotz28 says:

to john listen to one of the bullsh*t left -wing stations.

March 18, 2013 at 7:53 pm
(14) J Schinker says:

We need Don and Roma Back. WLS is nothing without them.They made WLS the Best Radio Station In The World. Everyone would Love to see them come back

May 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm
(15) Dorothy says:

The entire WLS format has changed and not for the better. Their reports on the “fives” are useless and interrupt what could be used for good interviewing. However, with Bruce Wolf, a good interview is not possible. He is a borderline imbecile.Dan Proft has an excellent intellect and I do enjoy listening to him. I thought Don and Roma were gone due to his health issues. If it is due to contract issues, shame on you, management. You are really unfortunately, very stupid.

June 12, 2013 at 10:12 am
(16) John J says:

Even before Don and Roma departed WLS, the station has been on the skids. They say the ratings are good but the quality of the station in general is slipping. Roe Conn does the same old thing day after day, Hanety is a rerun from early in the day. I could go on and on. When WLS went to the top in the 60′s. All they said it was due to the great DJ’s That’s not the case. You had good music and the news department was a main factor for those ratings. They had a man on the street all night long and good on the spot coverage during the day. This was before WBBM took the spotlight for news. WLS will slip more even with the return of Don and Roma. Pep up the news department and slowly get back to music. A big change is needed.

June 12, 2013 at 6:55 pm
(17) Janet says:

Wow, lots of negative comments here… to each their own I guess. I just wanted to say that I am in my early thirties and find Dan and Bruce funny and informative. Sure at times you have to sift through the silliness but I at least feel like I learned something about the current issues and it wasn’t totally brain dead talk like on 101.9 The Mix or something like that.